What is ContraPlan II (EC)?
ContraplanII® emergency contraceptive is a backup method (after sexual intercourse) that helps prevent pregnancy when taken within 120 hours (5 days) the protection against unplanned pregnancy.
Who is Contraplan II Emergency Contraception (EC) for?
ContraplanII® is a backup (not a regular contraceptive) method of birth control you can use when:
- You didn’t use any birth control method before intercourse
- Your regular birth control method failed (e.g., your partner’s condom broke or slipped)
- There was an issue with your regular method (e.g., you forgot to take your regular birth control pill)
NOT be effective if you are already pregnant.
NOT cause harm if you are already pregnant.
How does ContraPlan II works?
ContraPlan II works like regular birth control pills (but in high dose) .ContraPlan II does not cause abortion as it does not interfere with implantation process
How do you take ContraPlan II?
Two capsules you take together by mouth within 120 hours (5 days) After unplanned sexually intercourse. The sooner, the better
After taking ContraPlanII pills, some women:
- feel sick to their stomach
- feel like throwing up (vomiting)
- Feel dizzy or tired
- Have stomach pain, sore breasts, or headaches
- If you throw up after taking your pills, call your doctor or pharmacist.
- You should get your period a month (or sooner) after taking ContraPlanII.
- If you don’t get your period in a month, take a pregnancy test or consult your doctor.