- The only contraceptive capsules in the market to prevent an unplanned pregnancy after unprotected intercourse
- Several modes of action for maximized protection
- Cost effective in many ways
- Most effective when taken as soon as possible after unprotected intercourse
- Convenient dose & easy to use: 2 capsules only once
ContraplanII emergency contraception is a backup method that helps prevent pregnancy when taken within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex or birth control failure. The sooner it’s taken, the better it works. It contains 0.75mg levonorgestrel /capsule. It should not be used as regular birth control.
Generally safe and effective when taken as directed. Some women may experience side effects, such as a period that is lighter, heavier, early or late; nausea; lower abdominal pain/cramps; tiredness; headache; dizziness; breast tenderness; and vomiting. ContraplanII is the first FDA-approved emergency contraceptive to be available in Egypt. It can usually be found in pharmacies.
ContraplanII is NOT an abortion pill. It will not work if you are already pregnant and will not harm an existing pregnancy. It is not intended for routine use because it is not as effective as regular birth control methods.
How To Use
ContraplanII is two capsules you take together by mouth within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex or birth control failure to help prevent pregnancy. The sooner, the better .
How to know it worked: You will know ContraplanII® worked when you get your next period, which should come at the expected time, or within a week of the expected time.