What is ``Safe Load`` IUD?
“Safe Load” is a copper IUD provided with extra plastic cover, which keeps the IUD sterile during loading.
The arms of the IUD are quickly pushed and bended into the insertion tube providing a “Facilitated non-touch technique” and accurate loading of “T” frame.
How does ``Safe Load`` work?
- Copper IUDs prevent pregnancy by changing the way sperm cells move so they can’t get to an egg. If sperm can’t make it to an egg, pregnancy can’t happen.
- Copper-bearing IUD uses copper to prevent pregnancy. Sperm doesn’t like copper, so the Pregna IUD makes it almost impossible for sperm to get to that egg.
- Copper reduces the ability of sperm to fertilize the egg.
- Copper prevents a fertilized egg from successfully implanting in the lining of the uterus if fertilization occurred.
What are the advantages of ``Safe Load`` IUD?
- Provides up to 10 years of contraceptive protection. “Long-acting”
- 99% effective, as only 1 in 100 people will get pregnant each year.
- You don’t need to think about contraception every day.
- Does not affect breastfeeding.
- Reversible – you can choose to have it taken out at any time. After that, you will be able to get pregnant again
- Studies show that IUDs do NOT cause pimples, headaches, sore breasts, nausea, mood changes, loss of sex drive or weight gain. There is no evidence of an extra risk of cancer.
Who is ``Safe Load`` IUD suitable for?
- Women with no history of pelvic inflammatory disease or infection of the upper genital tract.
- Woman who has at least one child.
- Woman who is in a suitable and mutually faithful relationship that does not place her at elevated risk of having STDs “Sexually-transmitted Diseases”.
When can you get ``Safe Load`` IUD?
“Safe Load” IUD can be put in at any time you choose. You must not already be pregnant.
Some good times to get it put in are:
- While you have your period or just after.
- 6 weeks after your baby is born or immediately after childbirth (within 10 minutes).
- As emergency contraception after unprotected sex.