What is ``Silverline`` IUD?
T-shaped small device with flexible arms and Copper wire with silver core coiled around the stem.
Silver core regulates fragmentation of Copper supporting high acceptance and peace-of-mind throughout usage.
How does ``Silverline`` IUD work?
- Copper IUDs prevent pregnancy by changing the way sperm cells move so they can’t get to an egg. If sperm can’t make it to an egg, pregnancy can’t happen.
- “Silverline” IUD uses copper to prevent pregnancy. Sperm doesn’t like copper, so the Pregna IUD makes it almost impossible for sperm to get to that egg.
- Copper reduces the ability of sperm to fertilize the egg.
- Copper prevents a fertilized egg from successfully implanting in the lining of the uterus if fertilization occurred.
- Silver core regulates fragmentation of Copper prolonging device life span. (With minimal side effects like pain and bleeding)
What are the advantages of ``Silverline`` IUD?
- Less bleeding and pain.
- Provides up to 5 years of contraceptive protection. “Long-acting”
- 99% effective, as only 1 in 100 people will get pregnant each year.
- You don’t need to think about contraception every day.
- Does not affect breastfeeding.
- Reversible – you can choose to have it taken out at any time. After that, you will be able to get pregnant again
- Studies show that IUDs do NOT cause pimples, headaches, sore breasts, nausea, mood changes, loss of sex drive or weight gain. There is no evidence of an extra risk of cancer.
Who is ``Silverline`` IUD suitable for?
- Women who easily suffer from bleeding.
- Anemic women.
- Medium-high-socio-economic classes.
- Women with very narrow cervical os.
When can you get ``Silverline`` IUD?
“Silverline” IUD can be put in at any time you choose. You must not already be pregnant.
Some good times to get it put in are:
- While you have your period or just after.
- 6 weeks after your baby is born or immediately after childbirth (within 10 minutes).